To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leesburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TMG Construction Corporation • Leesburg, VA
Posted 2 months ago
TMG’s Superintendent I provides the knowledge, skills and experience required to manage the day-to-day field operations of task orders and/or larger lump sum institutional and/or commercial construction projects. Superintendent I’s are responsible for the production aspects of the work and are accountable for: producing quality work that is constructed consistent with the standard’s set forth in the project’s contract documents; performing the work in a timely and cost effective manner and; maintaining a work environment that is safe and continuously kept clean and orderly. Superintendents I’s are the forward face of TMG and are responsible for establishing a professional work environment that includes: fostering a positive atmosphere, promoting proactive and effective communication, facilitating problem solving and for minimizing and resolving conflict in a constructive manner.
Scope of Superintendent I Position
Supervises multiple trades of subcontractors and self-performance staff on all aspects of multiple small projects or a large project from start-up to completion with an approximate volume of $3–6 million.
Essential Functions of Superintendent I Position
- Good working knowledge of civil, architectural, mechanical or electrical discipline and a solid understanding of the other disciplines.
- Good working knowledge of construction means and methods associated with the renovation and construction of commercial and institutional buildings and site work.
- The ability to effectively communicate with management, subcontractors, customers and peer group.
- Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met;
- Creating short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to;
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness;
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practice standards;
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate;
- Verifying that all work is installed in a workmanlike manner (i.e.: plumb, level, straight, etc...);
- Manage and look-ahead no less than two weeks to proactively identifying issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions;
- Obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented;
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place;
- Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc. ;
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings;
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving TMG internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc.;
- Meeting with client representatives on a regular basis to discuss the status of projects, to proactively identify and resolve problems and to assure that the client is kept knowledgeable about the status of the work;
- Managing self-performed activities to ensure that work is being performed within the established project budget;
- Managing changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary contract documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework;
- Administering contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders and other agreement to ensure that the scope, terms and conditions are consistently and proactively being met;
- Managing the punch list and project closeout process to assure timely completion;
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates and E-mail correspondence;
- Providing timely and cordial interaction with supporting work groups, such as accounting, HR, ICS, etc.
- Directing and managing the work loads of supporting staff to include training, mentoring and follow up; and
- Participating in and encouraging staff to seek out life-long learning opportunities and professional development.
- AS degree in Construction Management or similar field with 4-7 years of related experience or a Journeyman status in a building trade (i.e. Carpenter) with 10+ years of progressive responsibility supervising construction;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the construction industry with a commercial and/or institutional general contractor engaged in general building and civil construction;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in government contracting preferred;
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, Email and other software used in the construction industry.
- Current safety credentials to include OSHA 30 1, 1st Aid and CPR;
- Current CQC certification issued by USACE / NAVFAC 1;
- US Citizenship required for most positions.