St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
We’re growing! Join St. Luke’s Home Health and Hospice as we expand in Schuylkill, Carbon and Northern Berks counties. We are looking for an experienced, compassionate Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) to join our interdisciplinary team in providing the best hospice care to patients in their place of residence. This Home Health and Hospice Aide works as a paraprofessional employee who provides comprehensive personal care and assists with other health care needs for the patient under a written Plan of Care. This is a full time position, driving to homes and facilities to provide care.
1. Gives or assists with bathing, dressing, oral hygiene, hair treatments, nails and skin care.
2. Assists with elimination, utilizing a bedpan or urinal, commode or bathroom.
3. Feeds or assist patient with eating and prepares meals including special diets prescribed for the patient.
4. Assists with positioning, transfers and ambulation, with or without assistive devices.
5. Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure.
6. Performs routine catheter care, including catheter irrigation by gravity and removal of catheter if instructed to do so by professional staff.
7. Performs clean simple dressing change and decubitus care.
8. Documents tasks performed by telephony/or designated record daily.
9. Communicates with patient’s families and related persons and agency staff to achieve an effective exchange of verbal/nonverbal and written information.
10. Observes and reports deviations from the usual physical and mental status of the patient and any unusual occurrence(s) to Supervisor/Case Manager in a timely manner.
11. Provides holistic care to hospice patients.
12. Demonstrates competency in the assessment, range of treatment, knowledge of growth and development and communication appropriate to the age of the patient treated.
13. Performs light household homemaking chores in the patient’s immediate environment essential for the safety and comfort of the patient and maintenance of a functional, healthful, and clean environment.
1. Current Pa. Driver’s license and automobile registration & insurance.
2. Current CPR certification.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Physical Demands: Heavy work exertional activity: occasionally lift and/or carry 100 lbs. and frequently lift and/or carry 50 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS (MINIMUM) EDUCATION:
High school diploma or GED. Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Certified Nurse Aide certification required. Experience preferred.
Day shift including weekend and holiday rotation (usually every third weekend) with possible varying hours based on the needs of the department.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health and Hospice Aide - Orwigsburg[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Home Health and Hospice Aide - Orwigsburg
Certified Nursing Assistant