Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Operational Accounting Coordinator provides administrative support for Accounts Payable, Travel, Treasury and Payroll. In addition to being assigned specific duties, each Coordinator will also assist with special projects as required to assist Financial Services in meeting company objectives.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Support Travel, Accounts Payable, Payroll and Treasury administrative functions as needed. Some examples could be, but not limited to, special mailings, AP data entry, opening mail, scanning invoices, filing, reporting, branch credit card program
- Reconcile invoices and/or p-card transactions which may include generating and reviewing reports, contacting vendors and sales associates to resolve discrepancies
- Set up and/or update the vendor master data in SAP and AS400 systems following established procedures and guidelines
- Generate and update various Excel spreadsheets for AP, Travel, Payroll and Treasury
- Generate and distribute corporate credit cards based on established policy. Respond to associate inquiries regarding credit cards, maintain bank credit card data base and adjust credit limits as documented
- Process hotel direct bill requests (which includes obtaining traveler itinerary and hotel credit card authorization form, completing the form for signature and submitting form to property)
- Process UPS Custom freight invoices by creating Entry folders, submitting requests for receivers and creating coversheets for invoice matching
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Minimum of two years business experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Advanced email management and usage skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Confidentiality is required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 5% of the time may be required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Maintain Indexed Record