The CDL Driver is responsible for loading, shuttling and delivering product between Snyder’s-Lance manufacturing locations to DC locations in a tractor trailer. They will also deliver local backhauls as needed. Essential Job Duties
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to operate the following equipment in a safe and knowledgeable manner: tractor/trailer trucks, straight body trucks, fork lifts, floor jacks and pallet jacks.
- Performs all DOT and/or Company required pre-trip safety inspections, and maintains logs & records as appropriate. Keeps a daily record including trip reports and trailer yard inventory.
- Works on and maintains exterior of all company dock areas. Included is occasionally sweeping and removal of debris, removal of snow and ice as necessary, inspection of trailer restraints, inspection of exterior dock equipment, including but not limited to, dock shelters, dock enclosures, dock bumpers, lighting, painting, etc.
- Responsible for inspection of tail end of drop trailer loads to ensure products are properly secured prior to closing doors, affixing trailer seal on rear doors of drop trailer loads, and corrects discrepancies immediately.
- Responsible for verifying product to ensure product is in good condition and properly identified at unloading, and delivery is accurate.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Performs other job-related projects (including but not limited to inventory control and/or order management activities at warehouse) duties and assignments as directed by warehouse supervision.
- Shuttles product or raw material between facilities.
- Works as a switcher if needed.
- May be responsible for placing paperwork (bill of lading, etc.) on dropped trailers.
- May deliver orders to DC locations and help breakdown load as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Must be knowledgeable of Department of Transportation rules and regulations. Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Familiarity with computerized equipment; some prior directly-related experience preferred. Professional Licenses or Certifications
Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Must be able to obtain and retain a valid DOT medical card.
Must be able to obtain license for and operate material handling equipment (e.g. Forklift).
Charlotte Only- May need to obtain CDL Tank Vehicle Endorsement. Travel Required
Overnight travel typically not required.