To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cashier Part Time
Northern Tool • Huntsville, AL
Posted 1 month ago
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
To perform cashiering and related activities for the retail store in a professional, courteous, accurate and helpful manner in order to effectively assist customers and enhance the image and reputation of the Company.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Greets, directs and waits on customers. Answers phone calls in a professional, courteous manner.
- Writes up orders and rainchecks, opens accounts, checks prices, rings up sales, makes change and authorizes credit card purchases.
- Counts down the cash register drawer by using intelliscale to verify funds, places the correct daily starting currency in the cash drawer and prepares daily deposit for bank.
- Offers Service Protection Plans (SPP’s) and other qualified programs as available and dictated by Company policy.
- Acquires supervisor’s approvals on all disbursements of Company funds, returns, and credit authorizations.
- Downstocks, faces and fronts all merchandise in designated area of responsibility (AOR) and other assigned areas as per Company BOSS program.
- Protects the store against theft or other suspicious activity.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important information developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent.
- At least 6 months experience as a cashier in a related store environment.
- Ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Good communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use hands to handle objects; and talk or hear.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive finger, wrist and hand movement
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Long periods of standing
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.