Help us make a difference in our community. United, we are tackling complex issues and turning contribution into real change. Join our team and join us in the fight for a stronger Miami!
United Way of Miami Dade is hiring a Sr. Director for our Development team. As Sr. Director, Planned Gifts and Endowment you will develop and build relationships in the community to address the health and human service needs of the community through United Way of Miami-Dade. Focus on fundraising for both annual and Endowment campaigns from individuals who can make gifts of $10,000 or more, with a focus on those giving $50,000 or more.
The ideal candidate must have public speaking skills, sales and negotiation skills. Successful experience in taking a prospect from identification to solicitation.
- Ensures that all Tocqueville Society gifts are accounted for during the fiscal year.
- Manages relationships with approximately 100-125 prospective and current donors that can make major/planned gifts of $10,000 or more. Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward same.
- Participates in all aspects of the gift cycle:
- Initiate contacts with potential leadership and major gift donors
- Develops appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
- Moves potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
- Makes solicitations when appropriate
- Maintains stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors
- Participates in 20 donor meetings a month. With at least two solicitations of a major gift a month. Goal to close $500,000 in new major and planned gifts in a year.
- Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development staff, and other United Way staff to achieve the needs of the prospects.
- Participates in prospect management meetings to ensure coordination of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities.
- Manages Planned Giving and Endowment opportunities.
- Attends United Way events as well as outside events for United Way representation, networking etc.
- Responsible for soliciting gifts of $10,000 and higher from individuals for both Endowment and Annual campaign.
- Manages team to support goals.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree required. Master's preferred.
Experience Requirements: Five years of experience in individual fundraising with a track record of closing major gifts in education, human services area preferred.
UWMD is an equal opportunity employer, to view our EEO statement and Summary of Benefits, please visit our Career site homepage (bottom section).