Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Colchester, VT
Job Type: Full Time
About the Client: This Client is a small (but big thinking), privately owned company in Colchester, VT. We manufacture life support equipment for the Department of Defense and medical products for the Veteran's Administration and Private Sector. We also are working with NASA in developing microgravity solutions! Yes, it’s very cool!
On a daily basis you get to be part of a forward thinking company that makes a difference in saving people’s lives and restoring quality of life to our Veterans! We only hires the best of the best when it comes to talent, so you know you are coming into a dynamic and diversified culture where we embrace a team atmosphere. There are no “bosses” here at Omni, we are all colleagues.
We are looking for “out of the box” thinkers to join our team at this exciting time. If you think you would like to spend 40+ hours a week not feeling like you are going to “work” but loving doing what you do and being part of something for the greater good, no matter what your role… then please read on to see the qualifications we are looking for.
Job Description: Omni is looking for a creative Mechanical Engineer to work on all product stages from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning. The goal is to design and fabricate mechanical components of innovation and excellence.
The responsibilities of the mechanical engineer are:
- Perform a full lifecycle product development to meet needs and requirements (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement)
- Maintain the standards and documentation required for highly reliable medical devices
- Design and conduct test protocols and evaluate theoretical designs
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Evaluate final product’s overall performance, reliability and safety
- Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions
- Estimate budget and scope of project
- Prepare product reports and documentation
- Engage in lifelong learning and develop new theories or methods
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, OR equivalent with 2-5 years of experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with 3D solid modeling CAD tools (Autodesk Inventor preferred)
- Adequate knowledge of engineering analysis tools
- Familiar with mathematical computing and analysis tools (Matlab, Excel, LabView etc)
- Thorough knowledge of core concepts including mechanics, materials science, etc.
- Creativity and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
- Technical writing skills
- Able to perform duties in both a lead role and supporting roll.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Computer Aided Design