Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our HVAC Technician you will maintain all equipment pertaining to the comfort of the people within our facilities including but is not limited to, all air conditioners, exhaust fans, refrigerators, ice machines, furnaces and radiant heaters. Reports to and works with the Maintenance Supervisor in each facility to ensure a system which provides comfort for all spaces.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs preventive maintenance such as changing filters and belts on all related equipment
2. Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC units including electronic and mechanical components; ensures the correct operation and uptime of all related equipment
3. Installs or repairs equipment, including electronic and mechanical, using the tools and equipment supplied by the company
4. Installs HVAC ductwork including flexible tubing and sheet metal construction
5. Conserve, install and recycle CFC and HCFC (Chlorofluorocarbon family) refrigerants
6. Purchases, organizes and inventories HVAC equipment parts
7. Operates DDC controls serving all the HVAC equipment
8. Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
9. Maintains regular and predictable attendance
1. Performs plumbing work such as unclogging plugged drains and toilets and changing faucets
2. Removes snow using snow blowers, shovels and vehicles equipped with a blade and sander when needed
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to operate DDC controls serving all the HVAC equipment
• Ability to communicate and understand English in written and verbal form
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to use a PC for e-mail and troubleshooting and manipulating HVAC control equipment
• Demonstrated proficiency in operating equipment, as set forth by company certification standards
• Conducts all work activities in compliance with OSHA regulations
• Must be available to report to work outside of normal hours for emergency repairs or to assist via telephone as needed
• Able to be scheduled for weekend duties on a rotational basis
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Associate’s degree, Trade school certificate or formal training preferred
• Current refrigerant certification required
• Minimum three years HVAC service or equivalent maintenance experience
Other Qualifications and Physical Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a valid driver’s license and driving record in accordance with OTC standards for operation of company vehicles
• Must supply own hand tools
• Must be able to walk frequently, use elevators and climb open grate stairways
• Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
• Click on the “Myself” tab
• Click on the “My Company” tab
• Click on “View Opportunities” from this section
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com) is the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies and welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career and Make The World More Fun!
Oriental Trading Company is the nation's largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, school supplies, toys and novelties. Recognized as one of the Top 20 Internet Retailers based on customer satisfaction, Oriental Trading offers over 40,000 products to consumers, educators, businesses and non-profit organizations. Oriental Trading employs approximately 1,600 employees and makes the world more fun with items ranging from pink flamingos and wedding favors to holiday decorations, educational games and crafts. In 2013, Oriental Trading acquired MindWare, an award-winning creator and manufacturer of educational toys and in 2014, acquired SmileMakers, the leader in patient giveaways and practice promotion products. Oriental Trading is a Berkshire Hathaway company.