About Eckerd Connects
Family has always been at the heart of Eckerd Connects. When we were founded in 1968 by Jack and Ruth Eckerd, the legendary power couple was often asked what motivated them to start a non-profit in rural Florida. Their answer was always the same, “It’s the kids.”
Today those words still hold true – but much like other families, ours has grown. Nearly five decades later with a presence in 20 states, our family of services has expanded to include foster care, adoption, workforce development, aid for the homeless, transitional services for troubled youth, and so much more.
Do you want to work for an organization that makes a Lasting Impact on children, youth, and families?
Working at Eckerd is satisfying, challenging, and makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Paid short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
• 8 paid holidays
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Referral Program
• Flexible work schedules
• Employee Wellness/Well-Being program
Responsible for ensuring the safety of youth and staff during sleeping hours, and for the physical security of grounds and buildings. Works in cooperation with counselors and other on-site employees to detect, contain, resolve and report any injuries, escape attempts, property damage or other unsafe acts or conditions. Ensuring any electronic surveillance system is operable and routine cottage and room checks are conducted.
- Monitor individual groups as designated by the Night Watch Supervisor, or facility leadership.
- Ensure the physical presence and safety of youth by observing them at frequent, unpredictable intervals set by management and relevant policies.
- Document each observation of each youth as it occurs.
- Notify the appropriate facility staff and supervisor immediately upon observation of anything out of the ordinary, and carry out all instructions given by the staff and/or supervisor.
- Assist counselor and supervisor in containing and/or resolving behavior management issues affecting the safety and security of youth or staff.
- Awaken enuretic clients at predetermined times.
- Immediately notify the Night Watch Supervisor of any intruders, property damage, or unsafe acts or conditions.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per ECKERD policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Two years paid work experience required. Experience in nighttime work preferred. Experience in working with adolescents preferred.
Skills: Must be able to stay awake throughout the night. Must be able to document surveillance activities and unsafe conditions, and perform frequent checks without being predictable. Must be able, with the appropriate training, to provide CPR, first aid, and Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
Physical Demands: Prolonged periods of standing and walking considerable distances. Ability to stay alert and able to perform job during overnight hours.
Special Provisions: Only in emergency situations can Night Watch staff have physical contact with youth. Night Watch is not allowed to carry any weapons including pepper spray, night stick, or any item that could be used as a weapon.
Other: Must meet state background screening requirements. Must maintain an appropriate and valid state driver’s license.