Veolia Group aims to be the benchmark company for ecological transformation. With nearly 230,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides game-changing solutions that are both useful and practical for water, waste and energy management. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources and replenish them. In 2021, the Veolia group provided 79 million inhabitants with drinking water and 61 million with sanitation, produced nearly 48 million megawatt hours and recovered 48 million tons of waste. Veolia Environnement (Paris Euronext: VIE) achieved consolidated revenue of 28,508 billion euros in 2021.
Responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Under direct supervision, tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, vacuum projects and handling, packing, re-packing, unloading, and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities.
1. Ability to operate heavy, power-driven equipment to increase efficiency and productivity
2. Maintain and repair heavy, power-driven equipment
3. Ability to clearly and concisely communicate site conditions or changes in conditions to management/supervisor
4. Load and unload various size containers (totes, drums, tankers, trailers. etc.)
5. Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
6. Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
7. Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
8. Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
9. Assist in completing all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
10. Perform general housekeeping duties.
11. Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area.
12. Inspection of material handling equipment as directed.
13. Assist in the loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
14. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) is required
- Prior work experience of 3 to 6 months in the hazardous waste or chemical industry in a related position with proficiency in handling forklifts and a variety of tools preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Materials Management
- Packaging And Processing Duties
- Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)