Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire an experienced GYN Surgery RN to work Full-time.
The address is 8200 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75231.
Salary range is Minimum $26.50/hr to Maximum $50.40/hr – based on relevant RN experience
• Full-time: Night shift 6:45PM-7:15AM. (3) 12-hour shifts/week, Rotating weekend and holidays. Self-scheduling.
• The Margot Perot Women's Center at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is a MAGNET facility.
• 23-bed unit for GYN, GYN Surgery, GYN Oncology patients
• 10-beds are shared with the High-Risk OB department
• Mainly female patients - including breast and GYN cancer, surgical patients, urology, appendectomy, gall bladder, wide range of patients;
• Patients are from clinics, the Emergency department, the main OR and the Perot OR
• Assist with the Admit and Discharge process
• Surgery days are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
• Nurses/candidates for the department are the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at Texas Health Resources.
• You will be responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes.
• Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Associate’s degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) is required
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred – RN’s require BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) or completion of an RN Residency program required. (More than 2 years Med/Surg and GYN RN experience from an acute care facility strongly preferred)
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support certification through the American Heart Association required upon hire
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting - use EPIC/Care Connect preferred
• Critical thinking skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Registered Nurse Certified