To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Judge Group • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Data Analyst is part of a team responsible for providing analysis, reporting, and insights to leaders within the firm. We are looking for a strong candidate who can bring a thorough understanding of business analytics, data reporting, and business intelligence tools to support presenting actionable insights. The Data Analyst will also have a keen understanding of general business processes and perspectives as well as a passion for developing predictive analytics and visualization capabilities utilizing new data sources and big data.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Working with stakeholders to understand, at times, complex business needs, data requirements and then translate requirements into effective reporting, visualization and actionable insights.
- Support the streamlining and automation of ad-hoc and standardized reporting functions.
- Interact with database developers and users across the organization to ensure timely delivery of relevant and user-friendly reporting.
- Demonstrate strong commercial sense in framing business problems and generating relevant reporting.
- Provide suggestions to enhance current reporting capability to meet future business needs.
- Articulate and influence on requirements for future database and predictive analytics development.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration.
- SQL Server 2005 (and more current) experience. Developing new SQL Server databases - normalizing databases, schemas & ETL.
- Reading, writing and maintaining T-SQL and SQL programming (e.g. queries, triggers, views, stored procedures).
- Experience with CRUD (Create, Read, Update & Delete) data cycles & SSIS package creation and implementation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills. MicroStrategy, Flash and XML experience an advantage.
- MUST have experience using BI tools such as Tableau or QlikView- the latter preferred.
- Ability to understand current processes and make appropriate recommendations for changes.
- Aptitude to solve complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be results driven, taking the lead with little supervision as well as working closely with fellow team members in a small technical team.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines.