To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Lactation Consultant/Educator - Family Resource Center/WIP - Part Time/Nights
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 25 days ago
In addition to the objectives outlined in the AVH Registered Nurse (RN) job description, and under the direction of Director or designees, the Lactation Consultant/Educator promotes and supports breastfeeding during the first few days of life and continues to support the breastfeeding mother on an outpatient basis as needed. The Lactation Consultant/Educator assesses the educational needs of the staff and desingns and implements educational workshoips regarding lactation and breastfeeding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Meets all the essential duties and responsibilities of the Registered Nurse (RN).
Additional duties and responsibilities of the Lactation Consultant/Educator RN:
Review and revise Policies and Procedures as they relate to infant feeding (breast or formula fed).
Conduct bedside lactation rounds and consult with mothers having breastfeeding problems, including those referred from other departments; such as Pediatrics, Emergency Department, ICU, etc.
Provide outpatient assistance for lactating mothers. This includes responding to phone calls, consults with outpatient requesting lactation assistance, and follow-up phone calls to breastfeeding mothers, as needed.
Assist in the education and training of nursing and medical staff on lactation and breastfeeding (group discussions, case studies, in-services, classroom, skills days, etc.).
Refer the mother to Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program when eligibility has been determined and to other community resources as appropriate.
Assist mothers with breast pump rentals, breastfeeding supplies, and purchase of pumping equipment/breastfeeding supplies within the Lactation Center.
Teach classes for expectant and new breastfeeding mothers as needed.
Participate in quality assurance programs to monitor the caliber of the hospital’s lactation program.
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Possesses all the essential knowledge, skills, and abilities of the Registered Nurse (RN).
Demonstrates knowledge of the mandated reporting laws.
Demonstrates knowledge of infant and child safety measures and abduction prevention program.
Demonstrates knowledge of the Baby-Friendly USA, Inc., Guidelines and Evaluation Criteria for Facilities Seeking Baby-Friendly Designation.
AVH Values: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these values:
- Patients Come First – We listen actively and communicate with our patients and families, placing safety as a top priority.
- Accountability & Ownership – We fully complete tasks, are transparent, effectively communicate, and recognize that what we do reflects on us.
- Teamwork – We build trusting relationships, promote a sense of community, and are respectful of everyone. Success is about the whole team.
- Integrity & Honesty – We tell the truth at all times, speak up when something is wrong, and do the right thing when no one is looking.
- Excellence – We take pride in our work, are goal-oriented, and on a never-ending quest for top tier quality.
- Initiative & Innovation – Our can-do attitudes, creativity, and resourcefulness empower us to improve the patient’s experience, solve our own problems, make timely decisions, and look for opportunities to add value.
- Tenderness & Compassion – We have genuine empathy, show kindness, and encourage and advocate for each other.
Education and Experience:
Graduate from a school of nursing, required
BSN or MSN preferred.
Three (3) years clinical nursing experience in Maternal/Child Health, of which two (2) years must be in an acute care hospital.
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nursing license
- BCLS Certification
Certified as a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)/Educator (CLE)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification required within 6 months from date of hire.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.