About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply .
Information on our facilities is available at URL blocked - click to apply . For career opportunities, visit URL blocked - click to apply . Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Covanta currently seeks an Executive Assistant for the Morristown, NJ location. Responsibilities include but not limited to are:
- Manages and maintains the schedules using Microsoft Outlook, including arranging departmental meetings
- General administrative duties including: answering telephones, setting up conference calls, meetings, lunch meetings, copying, payroll approvals
- Order and maintain supplies for the department
- Coordinates travel itinerary and makes travel arrangements; prepare expense reports
- Reads and analyzes incoming e-mails, memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance, respond/take action as appropriate and plan their distribution
- Submit vendor invoices for payment into financial system and maintain status log
- Handle all aspects of new hires setup/coordination
- Administrative support for our Senior VP Sustainability and VP Heath and Safety
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a high level of integrity and ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive projects and competing priorities
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment, to include building effective cross-group working relationships and ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to accommodate varying work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience supporting executives
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have experience with multiple Outlook calendars and experience coordinating large meetings, remote meeting tools as well as complex international travel.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. HS Diploma, pursuing a college degree.
- PeopleSoft user experience is a plus
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 9254
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Covanta: A world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy
Covanta Corporation (NYSE: CVA), is a world leader in sustainable waste management and renewable energy. Covanta is a proud recipient of the Energy Innovator Award from the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy. Covanta’s 40+ Energy-from-Waste facilities provide communities and businesses around the world with an environmentally sound solution to their solid waste disposal needs by using waste to generate clean, renewable energy.
With corporate offices located in Morristown, NJ, as well as facilities in 18 US states and 2 Canadian provinces, Covanta provides several opportunities for early career and experienced professionals in technical, non-technical and business areas across North America.
Our employees are committed to health and safety, community responsibility, and the pursuit of excellence. In building and maintaining our workforce, we are guided by our talent-management strategy and the overall vision and direction of the company.
Our goal is to recruit and retain individuals interested in carrying out our commitment to excellence and fully embrace our working guidelines, which include maintaining safe working environments that foster professional development, provide a platform for innovation, and promote diversity and creativity. We encourage and reward our employees by offering competitive benefits, training, recognition, and career development opportunities.
View the full profile
If you are looking to make a difference in your career as well as the communities we serve in, take the first step by visiting www.covanta.com