LOCATION: Nixa / Missouri (US-MO), United States | BRAND: New York Air Brake | REQUISITION ID: 1545 | JOB GRADE: 11
Since 1890, New York Air Brake has been an innovative leader in the heavy-haul railroad industry. As a member company of Knorr-Bremse –the world’s leading manufacturer of braking systems for rail and commercial vehicles--New York Air Brake is recognized worldwide as a Center of Competence for heavy-haul freight railroad control systems. From multiple locations, we serve customers across the United States, Canada, and Mexico—reaching clear across the globe to South America, Africa, the Middle East, China, and Australia. Our talented, diverse, and dedicated teams develop innovative solutions to the challenges facing our customers. Join us in our next steps.
Electrical Technician/Final Assembly
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wiring of electrical enclosures; wiring, cabling of other electrical devices.
- Final assembly of electrical components.
- Maintaining equipment.
- Must be able to comply with quality, product safety, and HSE rules and regulations. Be energy conscious, if applicable.
- Must understand and adhere to all relevant statutory or regulatory compliance obligations.
- Must understand, support and adhere to the Integrated Management System policies, procedures and instructions.
- Must understand and support relevant key performance indicators (KPIs), as defined in the goal tree.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical Capacity
- Knowledge/understanding of blueprints and schematics.
- Basic knowledge of shop measuring devices, quantitative methods/statistical procedures and graphic skills.
- Communication Proficiency
- Organization Skills
- Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
The employee will be exposed to shop floor conditions, i.e. noise, heat, cold, dust/dirt etc. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Two+ years of experience in electrical field or related capacity
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Safety Sensitive Position
Safety Sensitive Positions Include: Rail Service Technicians, Assemblers and Supervisors, General Technicians, Assemblers and Mechanics, Assembly Test Technicians, and Field Service Technicians, Assemblers, Mechanics, Engineers and Supervisors.
WHAT WE OFFER
From Engineering to Test Laboratory; Manufacturing & Skilled Machine Operation to Sales and Marketing; Field Service to Customer Service; Quality to HR to Finance to Software Development, our team-based approach is built on inclusion, opportunity, development, social responsibility and rewards. You are afforded the chance to grow personally and professionally through challenging assignments, commitment to continuing education, exposure to a variety of projects, and international travel. Our benefits are cutting edge as we offer student loan repayment assistance, lucrative 401k program, company assisted stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, wellness program, onsite workout facilities & classes along with competitive salary and incentive compensation, generous paid time off programs and a full array of medical, dental and vision options. We’ve got the right stuff, do you? Let’s find out together.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then join us! We look forward to receiving your online application!
Nearest Major Market: Springfield
- Assembly And Installation
- Electrical Wirings
- Electronics Manufacturing