Diet Host - Texas Health Mansfield- A joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield:
• Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
• Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
• Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
• Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
• Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Interacts with patients and other employees in a pleasant and helpful manner with patient satisfaction in mind always.
Adheres to specific diets and nutritional guidelines when offering menu options to further the healing of the patient.
Accurately and efficiently serves each patient meal.
Reviews menu processing system with patients and help patients choose their food options.
Provides verbal menu and takes meal orders electronically from patients on assigned floors during allotted time.
Delivers late trays and picks up tray carts post meal.
Works additional tray line stations if requested by leadership.
Assures efficient patient food service by accurate use of the CBORD Diet Office software system.
Follows proper procedure during computer downtime for continuation of accurate patient meal service.
Communicates with nursing, dietitians, and other care providers to provide best nutritional care for patients
Follows all safety and sanitation standards set by hospital and nutrition department.
What You Will Need:
High school graduate or GED
Basic computer skills.
Experience with patient food service and modified diets preferred.
Patient tray delivery experience preferred.
Current food handler license as recognized by the state of Texas.
Responsible for accurate ordering of meals through personal visits with patients. The diet host will take verbal orders for meals from patients and order them electronically. Utilizes diet office software program in the function of these duties. Promotes optimal patient, guest, and interdepartmental staff relations.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Intensive Care Unit