To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Ana, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Program Manager III
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Santa Ana, CA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Acts as primary customer contact for development projects with responsibility for leading the development team and development activities to meet the design requirements, program budget and customer satisfaction. May manage multiple, simultaneous programs and customers. May lead design and transition activities across multiple Corporate sites.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Proficient in the use of Daptive, Microsoft™ Project and other project management tools
• Demonstrate good understanding of the extended project management process
• Ability to highlight issues and seek solutions to business and technical issues
• Demonstrate effective risk management and project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to effectively mentor employees at all levels
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• Ability to drive solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision
• Ability to support a 24/ global business operation as required
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Customer Focused Program Management
• Manage and lead development team activities as primary day-to-day contact for small to mid-size customers with stable and relatively simple products and challenges
• Interact with customers at appropriate levels on matters related to schedule, quality, cost and engineering change to achieve highest levels of customer satisfaction and responsiveness to changing business conditions
• Generate proposed Statement of Work, including project schedule, deliverables, dependencies and resources, soliciting input from others as necessary
• Prepare bids or proposals; communicate them effectively to the customer with assistance as required.
• Create proposals that are competitive with the marketplace and profitable
• Lead internal development team to ensure customer expectations for on-time delivery, quality and cost are achieved
• Develop and ensure compliance to the project plan (schedule, resource and financial)
• Identify and manage change in customer requirements (all scope change), design requirements and internal resources
• Effectively interact and coordinate program deliverables with internal new products and manufacturing organizations, seeking guidance and assistance as required
• Analyze and manage program financial performance to meet company objectives
• Keep project management tools updated on a weekly basis to aide in planning of company resources and to predict financial performance Business Development
• Respond to new opportunities within existing and new customers to meet objectives
• Identify the need for quotations supporting new business opportunities and scope changes, as required
• Work to develop some knowledge of the customer’s product, utilization, strategies and requirements to support launch activity and business development Cross Functional Support
• Make development resource managers aware of the projects need to technical and business resources to ensure customer needs and business unit objectives are met; Highlight areas of concern
• Work to assist other development team members, as needed, to ensure customers’ needs and business unit objectives are met, bringing any issues forward for escalation as required
• Work to assist other Benchmark manufacturing support groups, as needed, to understand the requirements of the production environment
• Develop an understanding of Design for Excellence (DFX) philosophy; Promote with customers and internal customer team
• Interface with customer and supplier engineering groups, as required, to convey technical data and to address technical problems
• Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
• Prepare bids or proposals; Communicate them effectively to the customer
• Effectively interact and coordinate program deliverables with internal new products and manufacturing organizations
• Update project management tools on a weekly basis to aide in planning of company resources and to predict financial performance
• Prepare customer quotations supporting new business opportunities and scope changes, as required
• Develop knowledge of the customer’s product, utilization, strategies and requirements to support launch activity and business development
• Identify new opportunities within existing and new customers to meet objectives
• Manage and lead development team activities as primary day-to-day large and/or multiple customers with multiple high level challenges
• Generate proposed Statement of Work, including project schedule, deliverables, dependencies and resources
• Lead internal development team and supplier to ensure customer expectations for on-time delivery, quality and cost are achieved
• Lead or assist other development team members, as needed, to ensure customer needs and business unit objectives are met
• All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
• 4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
• 8+ years of program management experience
• 5+ years in a leadership role
• Experience with most complex, larger customer accounts
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.