The Hilton Portland Downtown is looking for a Director of Food & Beverage to join its dynamic Executive team!
Located in the heart of the city, our iconic and newly redesigned hotel offers 455 guest rooms, 80,000 square feet of banquet space, and three (3) food and beverage outlets.
We're looking for a strong leader with an in-depth understanding of Food & Beverage, service and quality standards, and revenue generation. Candidates must have a track record in solutions building and strategy, and have a passion for engaging and developing teams.
What will I be doing?
Directs and organizes the activities of the Food & Beverage departments to maintain the high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service.
Plans and directs the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
Implements effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs.
Ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
Helps ensure high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and ensure outstanding customer service.
Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
What are we looking for?
- Prior experience as an Assistant Director of Food & Beverage at a property generating $10M+ in F&B revenue OR experience as a Director of Food & Beverage at a property generating $7M+ in F&B revenue
- Experience implementing SOPs and standards around service and quality of food
- Understanding of revenues and financials, including P&L
- Proven ability to develop leaders and motivate a team
- Hands on, engaging leadership style with a passion for guest service
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!