Great opportunity with a well-established company in the Birmingham area!
We are assisting one of our clients in their search for an experienced accounting professional to join their accounting team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Prepare monthly financial reports and distribute to regional programs.
- Journalize monthly transactions and allocation accruals to the finance general ledger
- Reconcile bank account and balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reports for funders as needed for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitor accounting for all agency fixed assets.
- Collaborate with agency staff to assist in general ledger item resolution.
- Research and provide expertise on solutions to potential accounting concerns.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years related business experience
- 2+ years in manufacturing preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Proficiency with accounting software systems
Standard Accounting Practices