Great opportunity with a well-established company in the Birmingham area!
We are assisting one of our clients in their search for an experienced accounting professional to join their accounting team.
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Prepare monthly financial reports and distribute to regional programs.
- Journalize monthly transactions and allocation accruals to the finance general ledger
- Reconcile bank account and balance sheets on a monthly basis.
- Prepare financial reports for funders as needed for reporting and auditing purposes.
- Monitor accounting for all agency fixed assets.
- Collaborate with agency staff to assist in general ledger item resolution.
- Research and provide expertise on solutions to potential accounting concerns.
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years related business experience
- 2+ years in manufacturing preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
- Proficiency with accounting software systems
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: BHJOB8234_21613
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in Birmingham, Alabama in 2000 and initially focused on placing IT and Accounting professionals (hence the name "ITAC") in temporary/contract, contract to hire and direct hire positions with clients throughout the country.
ITAC has four offices (click here for our locations) led by a management team mostly comprised of owners in the business, built on decades of industry and corporate staffing experience. We're now also connecting professionals in fields like Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources and all those other roles that keep the wheels turning in every company (where phrases like "heavy lifting" and "sharp objects" only apply to copy paper and staples, respectively).
View the full profile