Facility: South Bay Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Acts as shift commander by directing all security operations on one shift. Supervises security and control activities and staff during assigned shift, providing for maximum facility coordination, inmate supervision and safety, and preparation of records and reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible directly to the Chief of Security (Night Major on night shift).
- Directs security activities and supervises custodial staff.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and/or treatment of inmates.
- Conducts inspection tours to ensure compliance with all security, safety, sanitation, contraband, fire and/or other facility regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and inmates.
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences.
- Direct line supervision over correctional officers, makes assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is trained in implementation of same.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among inmates.
- Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; makes referrals for more complex problems.
- Supports, clarifies, and helps inmates relate to all programs of the facility.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned.
- Enforces facility goals.
- Monitors daily logs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.