To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hauppauge, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Solutions Architect
Presidio, Inc. • Hauppauge, NY
Posted 14 days ago
Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Solutions Architect to join our team in the Hauppauge, NY / New York City area. You will be a member of the Pre-Sales Engineering Team and will be responsible for meeting with Presidio’s customers, collecting requirements for business solutions related to network and security projects and developing engineering solutions for sale to Presidio customers.
A successful Senior Solutions Architect (SA) should be able to present and explain various network infrastructure technologies (LAN/WAN, Wireless, Data Center Switching, Security, SD-WAN) to customers, guide them through requirements gathering, and formulate a solution consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
- Meeting with Presidio’s customers to collect requirements for infrastructure solutions centered on Core (Route/Switch) Networking, Security and Wireless Technologies.
- Assisting the sales team in identifying and qualifying opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Designing and architecting complex network topology’s to meet desired customer outcomes based on solutions consisting of hardware, software, licensing, and engineering services.
- Crafting scopes of work and task lists for various types of projects in support of these solutions.
- Collaborating with the Presidio sales team to develop customer relationship while contributing to the overall sales process.
- Establishing status as a Trusted Advisor with Presidio customers.
- Meeting with customers to identify business drivers, desired business outcomes and gather technical requirements.
- Crafting high-level solution designs/architecture and present to customers.
- Crafting and develop Bill of Materials (BoM).
- Collaborating with Presidio’s Professional Services organizations on developing deployment models.
- Write and present Statement of Works (SOW).
- Knowing the latest on the ever changing software defined landscape.
- Presenting in front of large audiences at seminars and conventions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 7+ years of practical technology experience.
- Expert level knowledge of overall Networking, Security and Wireless technologies and architectures including, but not limited to: Core Routing\\Switching technologies and protocols (BGP, IGRP, QoS, VPC, NX-OS etc), SDN (NSX,ACI), Security (Next Gen Firewalls, EndPoint Security, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Umbrella, Palo Alto), and Wireless (Cisco, Meraki). Role will be very Cisco focused, but wide breadth of vendor product knowledge is critical.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, solution design and self-study.
- Comfort leading CIO/CTO level presentations, solution demonstrations and whiteboard sessions.
- Previous experience working in collaborative team environments.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office products including Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization skills and detail oriented.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience working for a systems integrator is preferred.
- Minimum qualifying certifications: CCNP - CCIE is preferred.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.