The position is responsible for the maintenance of satisfactory Employee Relations, coordinating the plant safety efforts, administering benefit programs, policy interpretation and implementation, recruiting and selection of new employees, coordination of special training activities, administration of the promotion/transfer system, maintenance and custodial duties for Employee Personnel files, and oversees the activities of the HR Coordinator.
- Ensure selection of reliable, qualified employees on the basis of evaluation of skills, experience, employment history and reference checks.
- Administer work rules fairly and objectively; maintain management role without being insensitive to employee’s position.
- Communicate policies and procedures to employees directly or through Supervisor. Ensure enforcement of same policies/procedures.
- Keep plant management advised on all Human Resources/employee relations issues/concerns.
- Conduct periodic wage and benefit surveys and recommend appropriate changes in order to maintain competitive position in the local labor market area.
- Keep abreast of community/civic activities with a bearing on employee relations or operation of our plant. Represent the Company at these activities when appropriate.
- Maintain/administer seniority policy.
- Maintain custody/upkeep of employee personnel files.
- Supervises HR Coordinator / oversees administration of benefit programs.
- Participates in annual succession planning.
- Coordinates training activities for hourly and salaried employees.
- Supervises Securitas Security personnel as necessary/appropriate.
- Coordinates food service and ensures good quality service and product are delivered to plant.
- Coordinates plant safety program.
- Administers promotion/transfer policy and performance evaluation program.
- Interprets/advises plant management on a variety of policies/procedures.
- Advises plant management on employee discipline and/or termination of employment issues as necessary.
- Maintain a positive employee relations culture by coordinating annual company picnic, veterans banquet, graduation gift program, etc., as well as participating in monthly birthday luncheon. Administers hourly employees pension plan, assists employees with the completion of the necessary documents to begin pension at retirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Three to five years experience in Human Resources, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, sick leave, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account, and much more.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes all qualified applicants. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability