As a Software Engineer - Robotics and Autonomous Systems you will:
- Design and develop software for complex robotic and autonomous systems.
- Develop software tools to run testing and collect and analyze test data.
- Maintain strict source code control.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications - External
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business
needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or
a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from
an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Proficiency with C++, Python, Linux.
- Knowledgeable in source control systems such as Git.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Experience developing software for robotics or autonomous systems in one or more of the following specialty areas:
- Sensor Data Collection and Processing.
- Software Tool Development.
- User Interface/User Experience Design.
- Autonomous Systems.
- Experience with the following:
- Software development.
- Hardware/software integration.
- Continuous integration.
- Robot Operating System (ROS).
- Build tools.
- Networking (as it relates to software engineering).
- Avionic software.
- Spacecraft software.
- Collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence.
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also offer:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental, and vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Come join our team and be part of our future - we look forward to seeing you!
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5%
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and
adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and
promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a
safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Robot Operating System
Computer Control Systems