To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
DLH • Atlanta, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose of Position:
The primary responsibility of this Staff Accountant is to support monthly general ledger accounting and closing procedures, as well as assisting in ensuring that all accounting is completed in accordance with US GAAP. This role will also assist with both internal and external financial reporting for the company.
- Assist with cash management.
- Complete Bank recons on a weekly basis, ensuring the Company records and bank records match.
- Assist with the month end close process and all processes that this entails.
- Responsible for calculating month-end accruals.
- Process recurring journal entries and close books at month end each month including assisting with managing the completion of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare account reconciliations for monthly closings.
- Reconcile monthly medical insurance statements.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Assist with internal and external reporting for the Company executives as well as SEC regulatory reporting.
- Engage with coworkers to create new accounting policies and procedures in order enhance efficiency.
- Assist with audit items requested by auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Basic understanding and knowledge of accounting (ex. Debits, credits, etc.).
- Two to three years of experience in an Accounting role.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment and as a team member.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and work extended; somewhat flexible hours depending on the business needs of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
DLH Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.