Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Associate Software Engineer you will be tasked with developing and maintaining windows, web and web services-based business software applications, systems, components and database objects using Microsoft .NET technologies based on requirements and specifications to support LHI's business operations.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Development of high-quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimize views, functions, complex stored procedures and other objects using T-SQL
- Analyze existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Maintaining data quality and overseeing database security
- Plan, coordinate, develop and support ETL processes including architecting table structure, building ETL process, documentation, and long-term preparedness using SSIS
- Create different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Conditional, Drill-down, Top N, Summary, Form, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them using SSRS
- Study training materials on .NET, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas of LHI's business applications
- Adapt to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms and frameworks to support the needs of LHI’s software projects
- Adhere to Agile software development methodology
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 1+ years of experience with SQL Development
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and of n-tier application architecture
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and SQL queries
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL programming
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft SSIS to create and deploy packages and deploy for ETL processes
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SSRS for creating and publishing reports
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts and .NET framework
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- United States Citizenship
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Groupapproved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Software Engineer, SQL Developer, SQL Development, Application Architecture, Relational Database, Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft SSRS, ETL, .Net, Software Development Life Cycle, SDLC, La Crosse, WI, Wisconsin, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting