The Senior Recruiter will perform full cycle recruiting for full time positions with an emphasis on sourcing top talent by performing research and utilizing proven best practices in the industry. This role will identify new, innovative and creative recruiting strategies to acquire talent for Pelican. The Senior Recruiter will ensure timely follow-ups and commitment to providing a smooth and positive recruiting experience. The successful candidate is a proven detective for top talent who knows how to artfully balance sourcing, hiring manager relationships, meetings, projects and a passion for recruiting. The Senior Recruiter will join a team that supports hiring initiatives across several disciplines and locations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform full cycle recruiting to include but not limited to sourcing, screening, administering assessments, qualifying candidates based on position requirements, interviewing, and formulating offers.
• Develop position-specific recruiting campaigns, create and place employment advertisements, track progress of open positions, candidate management, and provide support to managers during the hiring process, orientation, and on-boarding for new employees.
• Coordinate and conduct phone, video and in-person interviews for yourself, hiring managers and leaders within the organization.
• Serve as talent advisor to coach, mentor and train hiring managers on recruiting plans, tools, and overall hiring efforts.
• Perform as Strategic Business Partner to develop and implement strategies to build robust talent pipeline, produce target lists of active and passive candidates through research, cold calling, and networking; implement new practices and tools in partnership with Talent Acquisition Manager.
• Proactively identify potential candidates and key hires by building and utilizing various sourcing plans and tools, including internet research, ATS, social media and newly introduced innovative strategies.
• Partner with managers and Human Resources to review, update and develop position-specific job descriptions, as needed.
• Provide weekly reports and metrics on recruiting activity; adhere to metrics, goals, and hiring objectives as assigned by manager.
• Ensure a positive candidate experience; follow up and solicit feedback from all candidates and recommend enhancements, as appropriate.
• Providing training to less experienced and new team members.
• Establish trust and confidence by maintaining a high level of credibility, integrity, and skilled communications with your HR Business Partners, hiring managers and candidates.
• Stay up to date and have a broad understanding of the external job market.
• Adhere to internal Pelican operational best practices to ensure legal compliance.
• Initiate and manage candidate assessment, background screening, reference checking and pre-employment testing process within legal and company guidelines.
• Champion internal referral and internship programs.
• Develop relationships with third party recruitment agencies and staffing firms, as appropriate, and act as liaison with hiring managers.
• Coordinate and participate in recruitment events (job fairs, open houses, college recruitment initiatives).
• Ensure compliance with OFCCP regulations and EEO guidelines with respect to processes and practices and conduct outreach efforts in accordance with company’s Affirmative Action Plan.
• Ensure compliance with all country, federal, state, local laws and regulations.
• Follow set company and department procedures and help support the creation of new best practices.
• Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a Corporate Recruiter or agency environment recruiting for various departments and positions ranging from entry level to senior leadership
• Experienced in performing Boolean searches, passive recruitment, social media recruitment strategies and LinkedIn Recruiter
• Proven ability to strategize and operate effectively in a high-volume corporate recruiting environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of employment laws especially as it pertains to compliance with OFCCP guidelines
• Well versed in utilizing various Applicant Tracking Systems and CRM’s
• Must have experience using and teaching behavioral based interviewing techniques
• Ability to quickly change course as priorities shift or candidate relations fall through
• Strong understanding of OFCCP compliance
• Experience with SuccessFactors ATS
• Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
• Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
• Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
• Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
• Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to travel, as necessary.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be constantly required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be occasionally required to executive non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Communication With Candidates
Areas Of Recruitment