IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst
Internal UPS Title: Sr. Systems Programming Analyst
We’re the obstacle overcomers. The problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Systems Programming at UPS Technology:
Our Systems Programmers design and deploy infrastructure to the highest standards. They are highly determined individuals who serve as a subject matter experts for supporting automation tools to increase organizational efficiency. As a UPS Systems Programmer, your skills will be put to the test working with large-scale automation solutions.
About this role:
The IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst will:
- understand and maintain a working knowledge of IT Security Controls and Security Programs.
- be responsible for tracking, reporting, and communicating Enterprise-level vulnerabilities to IT Leadership.
- be responsible maintaining the knowledge and skillset of a Compliance / Security Professional and have the day-to-day responsibilities of analyzing, organizing, and reporting vulnerability information.
- have a working knowledge of highly controlled and regulated environments, such as PCI, SOX, DMZ, and Healthcare.
- collaborate with multiple SDGs to ensure enterprise-wide legal, regulatory, policy, and contractual compliance.
- assist in creating security policies and additional processes to help oversee the execution of security controls and/or assist with implementing Security Programs.
- function as an Information Security subject matter expert with a background capable of supporting the various aspects of vulnerability management.
- participate in several high-level projects related to enterprise security, manage critical relationships with key stakeholders and drive process improvements for the Vulnerability Management Program.
- provide technical guidance, and perform a broad range of complex technical and professional work activities to identify, investigate, analyze, and remediate information security events.
This position advises on best practices, effectiveness of security controls, risk management and control gaps, process improvements, and solutions through the security governance process. S/he monitors Information Technology (I.T.) security controls and service continuity to protect enterprise and information assets. This position collaborates with colleagues and stakeholders to assist in developing secure business solutions. S/he provides training for colleagues and maintains knowledge on emerging technologies.
The IT Security and Compliance Systems Programming Sr. Analyst will be responsible for the analysis and reporting of vulnerabilities at an Enterprise level. S/he will conduct analysis of information technology auditing and assist in developing and implementing processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of vulnerability remediation. In addition, perform auditing and compliance activities to validate established policies are being followed. S/he should possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to work with IT Leadership. Tasks include providing gap analysis between security policies/standards/regulations and security best practices. Assist with establishing, documenting, and managing processes to accomplish IT compliance with vulnerability management. Working with SDGs to establish priorities for process improvements to mitigate risk. Analyze UPS data protection needs and ensure secure solutions and process improvements are implemented. Develop and create ad-hoc vulnerability management reports. Track and provide reporting for critical security incidents on a weekly basis.
Additional duties include:
- IT leadership presentations and communications
- Oversight and management of UPS business entities
- Analyzes and assists in developing enterprise security governance processes
- Develops and analyzes enterprise security reports and track progress
- Executive Dashboard development
- Evaluates and Monitors Compliance Functions
- Drives Colleagues, Stakeholders, and Teams
- Manages and participates in Projects and tasks
- Assists in Managing Information Security Controls and Assessments
- Reports trends and patterns in a manner consumable for executive team
- Analyzes and identifies underlying issues from numerous data sources and create executive level reports
- Creates complex reports and dashboards via complex excel pivots, PowerBI and database tools
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Pivot, SQL)
- Project Management proficiency
- PowerBI development
- Strong critical thinking skills, able to not only proactively identify obstacles, but also able to provide possible solutions
- Strong analytical ability
- Organized and Time Management
- Multi-tasking - able to be actively engaged in multiple projects while meeting aggressive dates
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong Windows / Linux / Network knowledge
- Candidate must have strong analytical and technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills, ability to successfully multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law
Process Improvements (Business)