To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Splunk Engineer
Jacobs • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
“Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation’s most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.”
Jacobs is seeking a Sr. Splunk Engineer to provide services to our PRIME Federal Client in Washington , DC. Duties will include:
- Provides strategic support of Splunk integration and deployment, configuration and maintenance
- Must understand, interpret and develop content for SIEM products to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Will coordinate with other organizations (SOC/CSIRT) and assist with advanced issue resolution across the enterprise
- Design, engineer, configure and administer Splunk content
- Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, Loggers and connectors
- Integration of data feeds (logs) into Splunk. Perform Content Development to properly identify data feeding SIEM’s and correlation of events. Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Write and develop custom scripts, programs as needed
- Clearance: US Citizen - Clearable for Public Trust
BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and/or ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- 10 years overall IT experience
- 5 or more years’ experience with design, configuration, and support of Splunk 6.x, or similar
- Certified Splunk Architect or Engineer
- Ability to perform basic scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
- Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
- Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing Use-Cases
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience writing MS SQL expressions
- Good writing and verbal communication skills
- IT Service Intelligence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Security, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience developing enterprise strategic implementation of Splunk deployments.
- Basic understanding of Information Security with relevant work experience and/or relevant education/certifications.
- Implementation/support of ArcSight and/or Splunk
- Candidates should possess interpersonal skills and must be fluent in the English language
- IT Security and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications are a plus
- IT Security certifications are a plus (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security , etc.)
- Basic Python scripting skills is a plus.
General Office environment - The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer. Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
Equipment and Machines
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check. Must be a US Citizen