Job Title: Marketing Manager – Emerging Businesses
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing
Location: Herndon, VA
About Our Team and This Role:
Our employees are our greatest asset. We want them to be happy, healthy, and safe as partners in our success. We work together with our employees to sustain the inclusive work environment that has been one of our core values for nearly a century.
Beacon is a Fortune 500 company with over 580 locations in all US states and six Canadian provinces. We are seeking a new team member who will work on developing a strategic plan to grow customers and revenue. The core focus will be on core growth pillars at Beacon: Solar, Interiors and Weatherproofing.
The marketing manager will be responsible for identifying and tracking customers and prospects, developing sales collateral, creating a digital presence and strategy, working with sales on key metrics and campaigns, generating performance metrics and evaluating trends, and working with eCommerce to drive trial and repeat.
What You Will Be Working On:
- Understanding the target customer and prospects
- Ability to synthesize data, reports, and input related to sales, demographics, and other relevant metrics to develop programs and strategies to capture market share
- Conduct market research and analysis to maintain “best in class” understanding of our customer base
- Develop, strengthen and evolve formal value proposition
- Create relevant points of parity and points of difference to help sales teams more strongly compete in the residential construction space
- Work closely with innovation leaders to help uncover and define trends and future products / services to help differentiate Beacon
- Develop a holistic and omni-channel marketing strategy. Will include the following, but not limited to:
- Develop sales tools (both hard copy and digital)
- Strengthen the online presence to drive awareness and engagement
- Construct large scale initiatives that focus on helping drive sales and/or trial
- Build Strong relationships with eCommerce to help identify and target customers and prospects
- Prepare and present strategies and reports to key internal stakeholders (sales, operations, management) for purposes of making key business decisions
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, marketing, or in a related discipline required. MBA an additional benefit.
- At least 3-5 years relevant experience in marketing, strategy, or similar required.
- Advanced computer literacy with emphasis in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Preferred skill set:
- Exceptional research analytical skills
- Sound judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Platform skills to address and teach captive audiences
- Ability to successfully and simultaneously manage multiple time-sensitive projects
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Creative energy and idea development
- Sales related experience and/or core work with sales personnel
- B2B experience preferred, but not required
Founded in 1928, Beacon (Nasdaq: BECN) is one of the largest distributors of commercial and residential roofing products, complementary construction, and building materials serving the entire United States and six Canadian provinces. Through strategic investments in new technology and an ever-expanding network of locations throughout the United States and Canada, we help contractors save time, manage work more efficiently, and enhance their businesses.
Complex Problem Solving