To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hagerstown, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NFI Industries • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 2 months ago
The Service Manager is responsible to oversee total maintenance facility to include building and grounds. Responsibilities include maintaining a preventive maintenance program, supervising, coordinating and negotiating facility repairs while having the ability to make fact, cost-based repair decisions. Service Manager should have thorough knowledge of mechanical repair, supervision experience and mechanic productivity of diesel tractors and trailers. Knowledge of computers, cost analysis, evaluating facility P & L performance, review and manage vendor repair estimates, inventory, DOT Compliance, OSHA Compliance and conducting Safety meetings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Check for PMs, campaigns, and other repairs as needed.
- Review and update report for all equipment out of service outside vendor and in-house, as well as vehicle history
- Discuss equipment needs with operations and assign proper technician based on skill sets and experience.
- Inventory and parts management, to include tires ordering.
- Monitor all maintenance activity through Company generated reporting, including trends
- Communicate with breakdown department to ensure
- Deliver monthly safety & OSHA training and maintain attendance logs
- Perform monthly facility/service truck safety inspection as per attached forms.
- Evaluate all shop maintenance employees & recommend training plans as needed career growth and development
- Routinely evaluate performance of existing vendors. Ensure invoicing, pricing and delivery schedules are met as expected and agreed upon.
- Maintain high level of service with both internal and external customers.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Training Required:
- At least 3-5 years of similar management experience
- At least 3-5 years of mechanics experience in medium/heavy truck repair
- Computer applications MS Office & AS 400
- Post high school / technical school education not required, but desirable
- Strong supervisory skills in dealing with people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to create a team environment
- Strong internal & external customer service skills
- Ability to manage off site equipment and vendors