Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Bridgeview is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. It is located approximately 15 miles southwest of the Chicago Loop. As of the 2010 census, the village population was 16,446. It is a 10 minute car ride from Bridgeview to Bedford Park.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Human Resource Generalist
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- Provide Human Resources support to plant population of 300+.
- Help employees resolve a wide variety of HR and operational issues, including but not limited to: Safety, Company policy, FMLA/ADA, promotional opportunities, performance, payroll, etc.
- Coordinate with Plant Leadership Team/Department Managers to determine hiring needs and ensure consistent staffing levels.
- Advise Plant Leadership Team on consistent application of Company policies and standards of conduct.
- Conduct investigations and create appropriate responses.
- Effective communication/presentation of important Company information, one-on-one and/or in group meetings.
- BA/BS degree in HR or related field preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a Human Resource position, preferably within a manufacturing setting.
- Familiarity with employment laws including FMLA, ADA and COBRA.
- Experience with benefit plans.
- Strong computer skills (ability to learn SAP, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), training skills, customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of comfort in conflict resolution situations is required.
- SAP experience highly desirable.