Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!Mechanical Engineer - Position and Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Engineer (ME) you will manage the project development of a mechanical system from start to finish. The ME is involved in designing, creating, testing, and improving all aspects of the project’s mechanical system using designated Middough software. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Education, Experience and Skills
- Perform technical evaluation of bids and recommend designs to meet client’ requirements for project operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Develop project technical specifications and data sheets for project design and scope using AutoCAD and Navisworks.
- Collect and prepare data and information to perform detailed engineering calculations and write engineering and technical reports.
- Assist in field work by checking installations and collaborating with the Middough project team on problem resolution activities.
- Perform calculation checks and vendor drawing reviews throughout the project.
- Interact and collaborate with colleagues in various Middough departments and with external suppliers to obtain pertinent project information.
- Participate in technical seminars/courses and maintain active membership with professional organizations for continued technical and professional growth.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering discipline required.
- EIT certification and/or PE license is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience performing engineering analysis and design functions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD, and Navisworks.
- Prior experience in Metals or Refining industry preferred
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective project planning.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods.
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Safety protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company locations or client sites.
Middough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting projects, management and technical development opportunities and team building experiences. Middough employs the best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety awareness and professional development.What Middough Offers
We offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid office/remote work model for work-life flexibility (based on business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and Travel insurance
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance Program
Middough participates in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA) E-Verify
program to confirm work authorization.Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
- Attention To Detail
- Auto Cad