Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Nature's Bounty Co.'s Product Development team is currently recruiting for a Manager, Packaging Design and Development. (PDD). This role will report to our Senior Director, Packaging Design and Development. This is a highly technical individual contributor position providing deep technical expertise and leadership to identify and drive key packaging technologies supporting our Innovation pipeline. This role serves as a subject matter expert and technical mentor to the broader Packaging Design & Development team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively identifies, develops and champions consumer and customer-centric packaging technologies / strategies, testing and findings throughout the project and pipeline lifecycle to lead and support department, project and Franchise (Category) team decisions.
- Identifies and evaluates broad-based network of packaging design and development service providers, material/component suppliers and equipment technology partners to deliver on short and long term Franchise goals.
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary cross-functional teams and maintains strong partnerships that lead to successful Platform and Pipeline growth beyond initial projects.
- Solves complex packaging design and engineering issues by leveraging sound experimental design principles and root cause analysis. Assesses feasibility of proposed material solutions; ensures products, equipment and materials are designed and developed to the highest standard; establishes design constraints; collaborates with management to align on technical needs.
- 7+ years experience in technical design, development and testing of packaging materials and components in the dietary supplement, consumer healthcare and/or Branded consumer packaged goods industry with continually increasing scope of responsibilities and demonstrated success.
- Required experience working closely and jointly collaborating with consumer-facing and cross-functions to support growth opportunities via innovation and renovation introductions to the marketplace.
- BS, MS in Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering or equivalent required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Subject Matter Expert in flexible and rigid packaging materials, formats and filling equipment (machine / material interface).
- Strong knowledge, experience and application of packaging design validation and specification standards.
- Highly motivated and autonomous working to drive measurable results.
- Broad-based experience identifying, partnering with and managing external design and development service providers and supplier network.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of consumer insight testing as it pertains to packaging design with the ability to translate insights into attributes that drive consumer purchase intent interest.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to influence, manage up and work productively with cross-functional peers and Senior Management.
- Works seamlessly in both a business and R&D environment with proven ability to deliver programs on time, on quality and within budget.
- Demonstrated proficiency in 3D CAD software. Rapid prototyping experience a plus.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred
- Travel estimate: 30%. Frequent travel to identify partners and manage successful panel and/or consumer acceptability testing at external service providers domestically. Additionally, travel to internal facing clients and team members on regular basis in greater NY/NJ area, and on occasion to other domestic/international sites.
Packaging And Labeling