Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Financial is seeking a Chief of Staff, who will report to the Consumer Group Executive within Optum Financial Services and will serve as a trusted advisor and thought partner, work both strategically and tactically on a range of cross-functional projects and initiatives focused on driving growth, revenue and engagement.
Optum Financial is a health FinTech company delivering end-to-end integrated payments and banking experiences for consumers, providers, and payers, embedded within the health care ecosystem. Optum Financial is part of UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 5 company serving 145 million individuals globally.
The key areas of focus will be business support and prioritization, and owning operational management for various executive projects. The ideal candidate will have solid business acumen with an understanding of the market landscape, operational discipline and best practices, and experience scaling a business in hyper-growth mode. The Chief of Staff will play a critical part in helping to make health payments simple, convenient, and affordable for millions of Americans.
The scope of this position is critical; visibility will be high; timelines will be ambitious; the details will be essential; the impact on the future of consumer focused healthcare payments is significant.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Partner with and act as a trusted advisor to the Consumer Group Executiive, serving as representative in various meetings as appropriate
- Lead various operational initiatives, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders
- Organize and facilitate meetings (e.g,. QBRs, MBRs, offsites), including agenda management, project prioritization, and project tracking
- Work closely with the executive team and other stakeholders to set and execute on various business objectives
- Conduct product and market research for key projects, including new product initiatives, investment opportunities, and process optimization opportunities
- Establish and track progress and status reporting on multiple projects (e.g,. OKRs), working cross-departmentally to ensure stakeholder alignment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Product Strategy, Marketing, or similar discipline
- 3+ years of professional work experience in Chief of Staff role, a leadership role at a Start-up, or Consulting / Client Service role at top tier professional services firm
- Experience translating strategy into an operational plan and drive to completion
- Ability to travel, 25-50% of the time throughout the U.S. / Optum Offices, for leadership meetings
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Financial Services industry experience or investment banking
- Structured and analytical thinking skills with the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- In-depth organization, prioritization, and project management skills
- Expert relationship, management, and negotiation skills
- Expert collaborator, communicator, and executive presence
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $134,200 to $257,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $134,200 to $257,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.