A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma in Rockville, MD is growing! Our Quality Assurance team is seeking to add a Quality Assurance Supervisor to help impact a range of important customer, operational, project or service activities within the Quality Assurance (QA) team as well as Operations teams. You will guide and influence peers and/or senior management regarding quality issues; Contribute to the strategic direction and operational decision-making of the organization; Be accountable for the performance/results of own team. The individual has primary functional/administrative responsibility for a group of QA personnel who perform a variety of tasks within the Quality Assurance department. Allocates work and monitors progress, timelines, completion and quality.
- Supervise staff and organize employees’ schedules
- Assign and monitor work distribution and performance across the QA team using appropriate tools
- Provide and/or ensure appropriate training, coaching and professional development for personnel
- Provide feedback, complete performance reviews, document performance problems and take appropriate action
- Provide compliance / regulatory guidance to other departments in area(s) of expertise
- Monitor expenses and resources within department budget
- Lead and/or provide support for regulatory inspections
- Lead and/or participate on global quality improvement project teams
- Lead and/or participate in projects as global QA subject matter expert and drive discussions to build consensus across the business regarding Quality topics
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (i.e. Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or technical field (i.e. Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience in Quality Assurance or related field within a GxP environment
- 2+ years supervisory or team lead experience
- Identifies and fosters potential of top performers within QA team
- Acts ethically and ensures quality of own work and that of the QA team
- Collaborates with various teams to identify and implement improvements
- Applies technology to drive digitalization, improve quality and increase customer value
- Works with agility and drives and implements change on local and global scales
- Expert knowledge and application of FDA and EU regulations (cGMP, GLP, Data Integrity)
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Quality Assurance Supervisor
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Product Quality Assurance