Base Compensation Range: $130,000 - $140,000 annually
Total Compensation Range: $180,000 - $220,000 (during ramp-up first year)
Sales Region: Western United States (candidates who live within the western sales region are preferred)
BluSky offers a competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following for this position:
* Vehicle allowance and gas card
* Matching 401(k) plan
* Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
* Paid time off
* Paid holidays
* Disability insurance
* Equipment appropriate to the position (i.e., laptop, smartphone, etc.)
* Corporate apparel allowance
* Expense account
* Paid Employee Referral Program
* Extended benefits: Remote Work, Employee Assistance Program, Accident & Critical Illness Coverage, LegalShield, Professional Development, and more.
We pride ourselves on hiring the best candidates to join the BluSky family and are passionate about our team, culture, and services. BluSky is seeking the most talented, driven, and professional individuals who want to grow their careers, be a part of a supportive team and have the passion for succeeding.
The National Business Development Manager - Insurance is responsible for generating new business opportunities by developing relationships with Blusky customers and prospects nationally. The primary responsibility of this position is to drive sales through sales activities, networking, and lead generation and participate in tradeshows and associations.
* 50% travel required. Some additional out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for training or meetings.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Development (Nationally)
* Grows and expands business relationships to drive sales.
* Identifies appropriate target accounts and sells BluSky's services.
* Works with a defined target list managed through CRM.
* Maintains membership and involvement in targeted associations.
* Supports all BluSky Sales efforts by following up on job opportunities.
* Utilizes national relationships and networks to support the regional sales teams and offices in their market.
* Works with regional sales team members to grow assigned national accounts.
* Prepare and presents sales proposals.
* Meets sales activity thresholds through client and prospect meetings, events, activities, phone calls, emails, etc.
* Documents and tracks opportunities and business development activities in our CRM program.
* Achieves yearly individual sales goals.
* Works with leadership to plan association involvement levels and budgets.
* Participates in and assists in the planning of tradeshows and other assigned events.
General Responsibilities (Nationally)
* Becomes and remains proficient on our services and the associated terminology.
* Adheres to company employment standards and Best Practices.
* Provides the highest level of internal and external customer service at all times.
* Contributes positively to the Blusky culture and community.
* All other duties or projects as assigned.
* This position does not have direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
* 5+ years of outside sales experience calling on national insurance accounts, i.e., commercial large loss adjusters, consultants, or brokers
* Must be able to attend networking functions beyond normal business hours
* Intermediate-level Microsoft Office skills
* Experience inputting and tracking sales-related data into a CRM system
* Valid driver's license
* An outgoing, driven, tenacious, team-oriented attitude is a must!
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to move and walk around the office regularly.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State, or local law.
It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Service
- Financial Management