We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to work in our Millsdale Manufacturing facility located in Elwood, IL, a southern suburb of Chicago. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding and experience in the integration and installation of process controls (ie PLC) equipment. This role will also come with a relocation package for those that are moving from out of state.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide day to day support to troubleshoot existing PLC and/or DCS control systems, including 24/7 coverage as needed during plant turnarounds and new project startups
• Support the collaborative development of new projects to ensure details of the interfaces are properly designed and tested prior to installation
• Experience in batch process manufacturing in all the following project phases: Requirement’s documentation, detailed design generation (base on ISA-88 and using object-oriented design approach), implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup, using PSM (Process Safety Management) elements and Industrial standards
• Knowledge in Process Control Network Architecture design, using principals of Cybersecurity
• Knowledge in Alarm Management and Artificial Intelligence concepts of Alarm pattern recognition
• Provide training to the maintenance department on changes or new installations, new programming and software related to PLC and HMI equipment
• Participate in project teams and design reviews where Controls Engineer expertise is required
• Ability to review and comment on detailed schematics, single line diagrams, interconnect diagrams and wiring schedules as needed to support project interfaces
• Revise Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures as needed when changes are made to programs, interfaces or field instruments
• Minimum of 2+ years of pertinent experience
• Experience working with control standard ISA-88 and related standards
• Experience with Allen Bradley family of PLC's (Software and Hardware) including PLC5 and ControlLogix and AVEVA software solutions including System Platform HMI/SCADA, Data Historian, and Batch software is a preferred
• Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems without guidance or supervision
• Bachelor’s degree required
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Alarm Management
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computing Platforms
- Control Systems
- Electrical Diagrams