Travel Required: None Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges! General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking college graduates and junior Systems Administrators to support the Navy Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana.
If you are seeking an opportunity to support our nation's military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you.
These positions are available to college graduates and junior professionals looking for a solid opportunity to start and grow your career. GDIT offer hands-on experience with new technologies and the very latest in advancements. We will sponsor you for a Secret clearance and offer assistance to continue your academic goals.
As a Systems Administrator you will be involved in operating system and application maintenance and configuration, from acquisition to maintenance intervals and upgrades, to end of life planning. You will be responsible for:
- Security and configuration compliance and will work with other members of the IT System Administration Team, vendor management, IT Asset Owners and other teams associated with the division.
- Responding to requests from end users, managers, developers, and team members for specific IT system assistance, data and information.
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Ensuring that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements.
- Providing data and assistance on audits. Document processes and follow documented procedures.
- Performing installation, updates, and configuration of servers and workstations in accordance with industry best practices and DISA standards.
- Performing system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health.
- Assisting with the analysis of system resource trends and gathers customer requirements for capacity planning.
- Collaborating with senior personnel in performing risk assessments to determine impact on customer business processes and systems downtime and proposes changes as needed.
- Implementing system changes across large, complex and diverse server environments by using standardized defined methods and procedures; providing efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Some experience in systems administration and analysis through Internships and academic projects; professional experience welcomed
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support; Knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Exposure to Linux/UNIX and/or Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Scripting (PowerShell, in particular) and basic knowledge in Satellite Server would be helpful. Since Orchestrator could use XML, that knowledge would be helpful too. This position will also do intermediate SQL server/SQL admin duties
- Security+ certification; must be able to obtain; ITIL Foundation Certification is preferred - use your Education benefits to pay for it all!
- US citizenship; must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance; Interim Secret OK to start work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Server (Computer Science)
Sql (Programming Language)
Installations (Computer Systems)