QuidelOrtho unites the strengths of Quidel Corporation and Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, creating a world-leading in vitro diagnostics company with award-winning expertise in immunoassay and molecular testing, clinical chemistry and transfusion medicine. We are more than 6,000 strong and do business in over 130 countries, providing answers with fast, accurate and consistent testing where and when they are needed most - home to hospital, lab to clinic.
Our culture puts our team members first and prioritizes actions that support happiness, inspiration and engagement. We strive to build meaningful connections with each other as we believe that employee happiness and business success are linked. Join us in our mission to transform the power of diagnostics into a healthier future for all. The Opportunity
As the company continues to grow, we are seeking an Automated Equipment Technician II to work in our manufacturing facility. The technician will troubleshoot, repair, and set up moderately complex manufacturing equipment per applicable documentation. This position supports manufacturing in the timely repair of equipment and machinery to ensure line uptime and productivity. Addresses production maintenance demands timely to meet production schedules. Performs root-cause analysis, communicates recommendations, and implements solutions that prevent reoccurrence. Provides enhanced support to facilities maintenance and calibration. Participates in the transfer of new production lines. Provides input and technical support to new projects. Schedule:
(4) 12 hour rotating shifts; (2) 12-hour days; (6am-6pm), (2) 12-hour nights (6pm-6am), 4 days off, plus crossover time.
This position is in Rochester, NY. The Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and repairs equipment used in manufacturing and packaging areas.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Performs routine and non-routine preventative maintenance in accordance with approved methods and documentation.
- Applies safety procedures to all work.
- Documents all work activities via CMMS.
- Flexibility in work schedule along with off hours support and coverage as necessary.
- PPE as required by area.
- Maintains and ensures neat and orderly work areas.
- A minimum certificate or AAS in mechanical/electrical technologies or related field or completed an apprenticeship and/or formal automated equipment mechanic training.
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 12 months relatable work experience.
- Knowledge of automated machinery and related subsystems is recommended.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and schematics, shop materials, and mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory bodies including FDA, EPA and OSHA.
- Adheres to all Company safety and site policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Required Travel: Less than 5%.
Key Working Relationship Internal Partners:
- Familiarity with CMMS; Maximo experience highly desirable.
Manufacturing Operations and o ther product release laboratories: PAR (Performance Assignment and Release), Reference; Product Support, R&D, Complaint Handling Unit and Customer Technical Services. External Partners:
College of American Pathologists, NGSP-University of Missouri (for certifications), CEQAL- Vancouver, BC (for certifications). The Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics are representative of a manufacturing and laboratory, environment and include handling of viral and bacterial hazards, potentially hazardous chemicals, as well as infectious or potentially infectious bodily fluids, tissues, and samples. Up to 50% of time in meetings, working with team; 50% of the time at the desk on computer, walking, standing, or sitting extended periods of time, doing analytical work are routine to accomplish tasks in this role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position requires use of Personal Protective Equipment as posted. Flexible work hours to meet project deadlines. Equal Employment Opportunity
QuidelOrtho believes in Equal Opportunity for all and is committed to ensuring all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, have an opportunity to apply for those positions that they are interested in and qualify for without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. QuidelOrtho is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Automated Equipment Technician II
- Bacteria Cultures