How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Significant Sign-On Bonus and Relocation assistance offered for qualified experienced RNs.
Fulltime Night Shift
The RN Clinical Charge Nurse Acute Care Renal/Vascular at WellStar Kennestone is responsible for directing and overseeing the daily activities of the unit on an assigned shift to assure successful safe delivery of care. The Charge Nurse is a caregiver and often takes modified patient care assignment. They practice in a clinical environment that is administered by Nurse Managers and other leaders and is supported through the WellStar Shared Governance Model. The framework for practice is steered by the WellStar Professional Nursing Practice Model and evidence based practice and research. RN competencies are derived from these models and supported by the WellStar Core Competencies.
The RN Clinical Charge Nurse is a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team of licensed and unlicensed care givers who ensure that patients, families and significant others receive individualized high quality, safe patient care. Expectations of practice include: accountability; responsibility and authority for the practice of nursing; effective teamwork; delegation; communication; respect; personal development; and development of team members.
The role contributes to the establishment and maintenance of practices that ensure excellence in patient care, provides for the efficient use of resources, and undertakes leadership task such as staff schedules, unit patient flow, subject matter expertise for clinical concerns, physician rounding, committee involvement, survey readiness, and other task as assigned by the manager, which are basic to the department’s ability to function in a smooth and effective manner.
The RN Clinical Charge Nurse is a resource to other areas opportunity to learn about operational functionality and hospital/facility awareness. He/she is assists in the growth and development of team members in the unit to help build department skills sets and to inspire expertise. This leader brings with him or her ability to build rapport between nurses and physicians to continue service to the patients and is a role model to others.
Required Minimum Education
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing as and Associate Degree/Diploma Nurse; Baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing preferred.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC).
- Must have a current BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position. National certification in area of specialty preferred. (Dependent on area of Service may require additional certification such as ACLS, PALS.)
Required Minimum Experience
- One year of nursing experience required, two years preferred. Experience as relief charge with clinical expertise preferred.
Required Minimum Skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English language, optimize the use of technology to support clinical care and holds basic computer skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Works well with others in a collaborative, team-focused, patient centered way.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in written form with all levels of internal and external resources.
- Analytical skills necessary to solve technical, clinical and managerial challenges. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Sufficient clinical and leadership experience to ensure competence and credibility to lead others.
Nurse Licensure Compact
Registered Nurse Certified