Who We Are:
Founded in 1985, Telamon is a family-owned, minority-owned, and privately held company based in Indiana with global operations. Our vision is to be a load bearing support across generations, and we live by our core values of Honesty, Harmony, Simplicity, and Stewardship. We are deeply committed to honoring transparency, championing diversity, and cultivating growth. We talk about these often, and this is an important part of who we are!
What We Do:
Telamon leads the pack in designing, building, and installing telecommunication networks enabling connectivity in all forms, from traditional mobile phone usage and connectivity in stadiums, hospitals and schools, all the way down to connected safety in our cars with the industrial manufacturing of wire harnesses for airbag and seatbelt applications. We have a diversified business model that cultivates growth not only for our company but for our employees as well.
What We Need:
We are currently seeking Installer Apprentices to join our team! If you are looking for a place to grow your skills and share our values, read below and see if this role is a match for you.
This is an an apprenticeship program in which Telamon will hire and train inexperienced employees in the Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of telecommunications equipment. This is a paid apprenticeship program with the goal of fast tracking employees from a Level I Installer to a Level IV Installer over the course of the program. The training will include a combination of classroom activities and hands on training in the simulated central office environment. Upon successful completion of the first level training, the apprentices advance to a Level 1 installer and will be paired with Level IV mentors to gain on the job experience. Under the close supervision of an experienced Level IV mentor, the apprentice will perform activities associated with installing, maintaining, and servicing telecommunications equipment in the field.
Must be able to start on one of the following start dates:
* Week beginning March 6th starts with virtual training. The week following is paid training/travel in Whitestown, IN
* Week beginning March 20th starts with virtual training. The week following is paid training/travel in Whitestown, IN
Pay: Starts at $17/hr. up to $28/hr. after 2 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Runs multiple cable types
* Installs bay frames or cabinets
* Installs ironwork (ladder racks)
* Understands and uses established safety practices
* Maintains quality awareness and implements quality control processes
* Inventories all job-related material
* Reads and stays current on installation documentation
* Addition or removal of non-powered equipment/hardware
* May perform the duties of a Level II Installer when directly supervised by properly qualified personnel
* Conducts all assignments, activities, and communications in a professional manner when dealing with co-workers, supervisors and customers
* Ensure a professional appearance during work hours
* Travel away from home for several weeks may be required on demand (Will be able to be home on weekends)
* Shift work required on demand
* Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Ability to work outdoors, on ladders, and in confined spaces
* Ability to work with/around electrical wires and/or ESD products
* Ability to work remotely at construction or installation sites
* Manual dexterity
* Ability to stoop, kneel, bend, squat, climb, lift, pull and push
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings and documentation
* Aptitude and interest in technology
* Problem solving
* Ability to communicate well
* Proficiency with a computer and MS Office
Education and Experience Required:
* High School Diploma or equivalency
* Valid Driver's license
* Must be able to qualify to drive a company issued vehicle.
* Telamon Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Telamon does not and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), marital status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Telamon Corporation makes all employment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner.
- Confined Spaces
- Electrical Wirings
- Fine Motor Skills
- Hardworking And Dedicated