Job Title: Advanced Technology Specialist
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6+ Months with possible conversion
Clearance: Must have Active Security Clearance
Deployment of advanced technologies is critical to the Data Center’s ability to assist the CIO in its mission to deliver innovative, cost effective, and secure information solutions that support programs and initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performing proof of concepts to assist in determining that a design concept is feasible or meet regulatory requirements.
• Planning, installing, configuring, customizing and implementing new technologies in accordance with the Data Center’s requirements.
• Providing technical support to application developers in implementing Web based technologies.
• Assisting application developers in application design, security controls, and implementation of message queue applications.
• Assisting application developers in application design, security controls, and implementation of application server applications.
• Planning, installing, configuring, and implementing cryptography in the Data Center’s operating system environments.
• Planning, installing, configuring, and implementing z systems cryptographic hardware.
• Planning and assisting application developers and Production Control in implementing data encryption.
• Planning, installing, configuring, and implementing an enterprise event bus.
• Planning and implementing technologies that support the Data Center remote mirroring requirements for disaster recovery.
• Planning, installing, configuring, customizing, and implementing zLinux operating systems.
• Planning, configuring, and implementing technologies that support the Data Center Recovery Time Objective and Recover Point Objective for disaster recovery.
• Planning and carrying out software/hardware migrations and conversions.
• Evaluating new technology and clarifying to management how the technology can allow us to reach its IT objectives.
• Providing technical assistance to programming and operations staffs in understanding and implementing new technologies.
• Analyzing requirements and recommending technology solutions.
• Evaluating existing systems software and recommending improvements to operate more efficiently.
• Providing technical support in the design, customization, and implementation of Web based related products.
• Evaluating software configuring and implementation to ensure compliant with Security Plans, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) families of controls, Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) for computer security, and OMB security directives.
• Planning, configuring, customizing, installing, and implementing an HTTP Server in accordance