To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monterey, CA 93940
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Director of Dietary Services
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC • Monterey, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Cypress Ridge Care Center provides a range of services, including skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services with around the clock care.
At Cypress Ridge Care Center, we are looking for a full time Director of Dietary Services who would like to combine their love for people and strong work ethic with the opportunities to advance your career.
With us, you will have more than a job. You will be joining a family that prides itself on providing high-quality care services, wonderfully enriching, improving and enhancing the lives of our staff, residents and their families!
Our goal is to wonderfully enrich thousands of lives, one person at a time. We are dedicated to providing person-centered health care services and are passionate about serving our residents and their families in a nurturing, transitional environment between hospital and home.
We strive to achieve the highest possible quality of care for each resident by providing quality skilled nursing and post-acute rehabilitative care, delivered with sensitivity, deep respect, and genuine hospitality. Our Leadership teams are recognized as an important factor in providing that quality of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Innovates, plans, promotes and supervises a food service program that meets or exceeds the minimum of standards of quality, productivity, and customer service of the community and accommodates the broad spectrum of tastes, interests and personal therapeutic requirements of the resident population
- Continuously monitors and appropriately addresses the resident population for shifts in preferences, values and attitudes using personal interviews, approved surveys, resident committees, suggestion boxes, etc
- Recruits, hires trains, disciplines and supervises the dietary services staff who are capable and motivated to diligently and conscientiously devote their best efforts to serving the residents and who present a professional demeanor to residents and prospective residents
- Maintains department records and performs administrative functions as required
- Meets or exceeds all minimum company standards for menu planning and coordinates with Executive Director in advance of all menu changes and menu plans
- Ensures that food items are properly prepared, placed in service at the proper time, are tastefully garnished to provide high-quality plate presentation and prompt service is provided to resident tables in a professional manner
- Ensures adequate quantities of all menu and salad bar items are prepared in advance of serving time so as not to run out prior to all residents being served
- Establishes, documents, directs and assists in general kitchen and dining room sanitation procedures
- Prepares schedules for all shifts for kitchen and dining room staff, and posts the schedule in their work areas
- Ensures proper cleaning of pots, pans, cooking utensils, table silverware, china, glassware,and routine and preventative maintenance of department equipment
- Coordinates with activity director and other supervisory personnel for any special functions or needs of residents
- Attends staff and resident meetings to report and advise on food service matters
- Ensures that employee meal policies and procedures are properly implemented and controlled
- Ensures efficient and effective use of all food services department and community resources, human resources, monetary resources within established budgetary guidelines, equipment and supplies
- Purchases all food, kitchen supplies and kitchen equipment using diligent and competitive purchasing programs and methods
- Complies with any and all state, local or federal rules, regulations and licensing requirements related to health, safety (OSHA) and general operation of the Food Services Department
- Consults with the Executive Director for the purposes of eliminating operating deficiencies
- Presents a professional demeanor that communicates to current and prospective residents the community philosophy of service, goodwill and genuine interest in the resident’s unique needs
- Reports to the Executive Director all emergencies, all team members who require training, guidance, or discipline and all observable changes in all residents’ behavior or health status that would indicate a change in their care plan
- Promotes a thorough and continuous understanding among all employees of the importance of the Food Services Department to the quality of life for residents and prospective residents
- Follows all HIPAA regulations
- Must be capable of maintaining a regular attendance
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
We love our employees and work hard to ensure our team members enjoy flexible scheduling, career stability, and opportunities for growth. And, we are proud to offer the following benefits to all full-time staff.
- Anthem Blue Cross or Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dental insurance by Delta Dental
- 401(k) provided by T. Rowe Price
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free continuing education units through PlumUniversity.com
- And much more!
EOE - M/F/Disabled/Veterans
Plum Healthcare Group, LLC does not own or operate skilled nursing facilities. Plum supports an affiliated family of independently licensed and operated skilled nursing providers by providing an array of administrative and consulting support services. References to “Plum” or the words “company,” “we,” “our,” “us,” “its” or similar language do not imply that Plum Healthcare Group, LLC has direct operating assets, employees, or revenue or that any of the affiliated entities, including facilities or other businesses are operated or managed by the same entity.