To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Taylor, MI 48180
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Masco • Taylor, MI
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Masco Research and Development is currently seeking to hire an Materials Scientist to work in Polymer and Coatings Applications. Masco Corporation is a leading provider of products for new home construction and existing home remodeling. The corporation maintains a facility in Taylor Michigan to support the technical needs of its business units.
The facility is staffed by highly trained scientists who are equipped with up-to-date analytical equipment. They have contemporaneous knowledge of materials and product regulatory codes/standards that affect Masco products. Masco Research and development offers testing, research and consulting services to support product compliance, quality control, new product development, litigation/inspection, design changes and risk analysis. The facility has continuously met and/or supplemented the technical needs of all Masco business units since 1975. The Materials Scientist will conduct experiments, generate data and interpret data which will help customers make informed decisions regarding the aforementioned topics. The Materials Scientist will also be responsible for conducting testing using ISO 17025 guidelines.
The Materials scientist is expected to present laboratory findings directly Masco Business Units, and act as a technical consultant as needed. The position offers unique and exciting challenges owing to the vast array of materials and regulatory standards in Masco’s product portfolio. The position also presents a great opportunity for networking and learning as the scientist can work closely with other likeminded individuals around the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a team of scientists and engineers at Masco Research and Development to provide technical support and consulting services to Masco operating companies
- Work frequently with laboratory testing equipment, focusing on various testing strategies related to polymeric materials and surface finishes
- Work with operating companies to help optimize existing product lines through manufacturing process improvements and material selection
- Conduct root-cause analyses studies to solve manufacturing and field problems related to polymers
- Organize and write technical reports
- Help to maintain clean and safe laboratory working environment. Good laboratory housekeeping and recordkeeping is expected
- Help to sustain the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in materials science, chemistry, polymer science, or related fields and 2+ years of related experience
- Experience with Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) is required
- Experience with thermal analyzers such as TGA, DSC, DMA is required
- Experience with mechanical testing equipment such as tensile machines, impact testers, melting flow index is desirable
- Experience with Salt Spray testing procedures is preferred
- Experience with accelerated weathering, including QUV and Xenon Arc testing procedures and equipment is preferred
- Experience with color measurement techniques is preferred
- Knowledge of environmental testing such as weathering resistance, chemical resistance, surface finishing analysis is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in government regulations, EPA testing methods is desirable
- Experience in new product development is desirable
- Able to work independently
- Able to interpret and present scientific test results
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to travel up to 5-10%
Full or Part Time
Masco Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, protected status as a veteran, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.