The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services and Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of fabric structures and greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites. We are seeking a hard-working Territory Sales Manager who has great closing skills and the passion to exceed sales goals.
The Territory Sales Manager will focus on new business-to-business account development within our ClearSpan and GrowSpan Divisions. The sales process includes, but is not limited to prospecting, trade shows, cold calling, qualifying, face to face presentations and closing the sale. The position also includes maintaining a strong product knowledge and a working knowledge of the general industry. You will establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships while acting ethically and within ESAPCO’s culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proven B2B prospecting experience for new accounts
- A “hunter” mentality to qualify and aggressively close accounts
- Ability to work remotely and be held accountable for daily, weekly and monthly prospecting goals
- Competitive independent self-starter with a strong work ethic and is resilient with rejection
- Closing ability to hit and exceed sales goals
- Able to work within a team environment with inside sales, project managers and engineers
- Effective multi-tasker, capable to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and present accordingly to all levels of the sales cycle
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft Office
- Travel 50-60%
- BA degree or equivalent experience
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks; Develops realistic action plans for meeting metrics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of Associate's degree (or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, Word Processing software and ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k), profit sharing, educational reimbursement and product discounts.