To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervisor I, Manufacturing
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Austin, TX
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Supervisor I, Manufacturing with our Manufacturing/Production team
Why Benchmark? As a global Fortune 1000 leader in the electronics manufacturing industry with total revenues exceeding $2.5B, we have more than 11,000 employees in 7 countries on 3 continents. We identify and work with the world’s best original equipment manufacturers to bring their products to life through design, test development, and electronics manufacturing. Our work has been seen at the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and in Hollywood. America’s women and men in uniform count on our technical skills to help ensure our country remains safe and our work is part of many of the commercial aircraft seen crisscrossing the skies. Products we engineer live inside some of the world’s fastest computers and are saving lives every day in hospitals and surgical suites around the globe. The company helps businesses manage their electronics manufacturing production through integrated electronics manufacturing, design and engineering services. Our global footprint of ISO-certified facilities provides a stable and low-risk “launching pad” for the creation and production of advanced electronics-based products. Offering everything from product development to regional PCB build – including system level assembly, and sourcing at competitive prices in the United States, Mexico, South America, Europe and Asia – Benchmark is a world-leading, top-10 EMS company. Provides and supports manufacturing equipment, materials and processes to production to ensure products are assembled in an efficient manner, meeting customer quality and expectations and on-time delivery specifications.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
Location: Round Rock, TX
The Supervisor, Manufacturing assigns and coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling, testing and inspecting of assemblies and subassemblies on 1st shift
Essential Functions and Competencies
- Adapt easily to changing programs; flexible to do tasks assigned
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively mentor employees
- Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
- Ability to drive solutions to planning issues with direction from senior management
- Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
- Effectively analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers
- Effective problem solving skills
- Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company
- Demonstrate leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with direction
- Lead or participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation, including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a small group through successful process improvement projects
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- Analyze production schedule and assign jobs to line workers needed to meet delivery dates
- Plan work assignments for group on basis of priority and worker skills
- Assign duties to workers and evaluate worker performance
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Examine product according to knowledge of manufacturing and quality standards to ensure acceptability
- Review work orders, product specifications, technical instructions and facility requirements, requisition tools. Equipment and supplies for section
2+ years of electronics manufacturing experience; 1+ years in a leadership role; Experience in contract manufacturing preferred.
4 year degree
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.Click here to send this Job
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.