We are partnering with a reputable research site in Los Angeles. They are looking for a Senior CRC for their site as they continue to grow their research program. This person will need to have strong leadership skills and oncology experience preferred.
Position Title: Senior Clinical Research Coordinator
Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees:
- Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
- Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
- Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
- Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
1. Accountable to adhere to the Institutional Review Board (IRB), Federal Drug (FDA) and
JCAHO regulations for investigational studies conducted at the hospital.
Implements, evaluates and analyzes research protocols for the medical and hospital
staff. Prepares the IRB application, assures patient confidentiality, and obtains informed
consent as agreed upon per study under the direction of the Manager of Clinical
Research Department. Evaluates the progress of the study, adverse events and
recommends modifications as necessary to ensure quality care is maintained.
2. Creates and maintains required study records/files and databases. Collects research
data, and makes recommendations for incorporating innovative practices into the clinical
setting. In conjunction with the research manager communicates research findings to
health care providers and community, when appropriate
3. Assesses the learning needs of hospital staff. Assists with the design of tools, and
delivers educational classes in collaboration with education department, outcomes
management, and other providers.
4. Assesses for quality improvements in collaboration with the Quality Improvement
department, and identifies research opportunities based on the assessment. Assists
with the preparation of grant applications for funding of research projects when needed
and assists with the attainment of the targeted department/study budget.
5. Demonstrates effective working relationships with staff, managers, directors, study
sponsors, and physicians. Actively listens and resolves issues with appropriate
practitioners. Actively pursues research studies with investigators.
6. Assists with the development and implementation of projects based on hospital's strategic
and departmental goals. Assesses and recognizes own developmental needs and plans
to meet these by maintaining knowledge of current trends and developments.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
1. Knowledge of principles and practices of the research process, design, and methodology at a level normally acquired through certification as a CRC or experience with research process.
2. Analytical skills necessary in order to facilitate, design and conduct research and to resolve technical problems related to the research process.
3. Interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with a wide variety of health care providers in a variety of situations.
4. Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for approximately seventy percent of work time when identifying research problems, designing, and conducting, research protocols.
5. Strong knowledge of State and Federal Regulations as they apply to clinical trials.
Product Quality Assurance
Product Quality Control