PLUMMER is transforming the water industry by providing innovative solutions to improve the environment, advance communities, and serve others. We specialize in environmental engineering services including water reuse treatment, wastewater treatment, storm water management, water planning, construction management, and dry utility services. PLUMMER has been conducting business with quality and integrity for over 40 years.
People are our strongest asset. We are looking for a North East Texas Area Leader to join our leadership team. The Area Leader plays a critical role in business development, project financials, resource management, and oversight of design document preparation for projects.
- Effectively lead people by coaching, mentoring, and inspiring the team to achieve goals and outcomes with accountable performance management.
- Help Area Leaders and Practice Leaders to recruit technical talent and to develop and implement Corporate strategy
- Act as Project Manager and lead other Project Managers on the team
- Manage the indirect/overhead and training & development budgets for the team
- Meet metrics including project profitability, utilization of the team, quality, risk and claims, and staff retention
- Personal billable target in the range of 65-75%
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of the engineering and science fundamentals related to the Team’s technical area of practice
- Strong communication skills (writing, active listening, verbal, and presentations)
- Excellent time management skills
- Interpersonal skills: relationship building, business development, and client relations
- Ability to successfully brainstorm and plan with others by identifying, as a team, the best solution for the client
- Ability to recognize when a project is in jeopardy, and take the needed steps to salvage the project budget, schedule, and/or technology
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering required (Master or PhD degree preferred)
- Professional Engineer Licensure or equivalent professional licensure required if applicable
- At least 8 – 12 years of professional experience in A/E/C industry preferred
- Successful project management and technical team leadership experience preferred
- Experience developing and growing a team strongly preferred
Location: Dallas, TX
We offer meaningful, rewarding, and challenging work with the potential for growth at all levels. Are you interested in helping us make a difference? Apply now if you think you might be a good fit for this exciting opportunity!