To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
S45 W29290 Wisconsin 59
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Applications Specialist
Generac • Waukesha, WI
Posted 2 months ago
The Applications Specialist III will act as a conduit between the design team and the end users of our products (both external and internal). He/she will assist in the application of new control systems to Generac products both in production and in the field.Responsibilities
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Assists with the application of products into the field including some site travel;
- Creates configuration software for new and special applications;
- Assists with the application of new products into production including some site travel;
- Recommends design changes and assists in their implementation;
- PID tuning of control loops;
- Conducting FMEA/DFMEA analysis;
- Creates PLC ladder logic for special designs;
- Helps in the test process for new designs;
- Develops less experienced employees in position
- Helps in the creation of test procedures and manuals for both new and existing systems
- Bachelors’ Degree OR equivalent experience
- 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to travel on both a foreign and domestic basis (up to 20%)
- Generator, Industrial or Automotive experience;
- Experience with the following - embedded ‘C’Firmware, programming languages, Linux shell scripts
- Knowledge of serial communications and connected devices
- Knowledge of microprocessor control systems including PID loops
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and flowcharts;
- Basic understanding of electronics;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Basic understanding of test equipment such as oscilloscopes and meters;
- Strong Ethernet network knowledge (knowledge of MAC/Ethernet addressing schemes)
- Experience in using Microsoft Excel and Word;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work requiring periods of sitting; close vision and ability to adjust focus. Occasional travel. (If travel percentage is required beyond occasional, include “Up to x% travel and valid Driver’s License required.